The City of Montello Government will continue to limit and temporarily suspend in person services, with a soft opening on Monday, June 1st. The public is still encouraged to conduct business as follows for appointment only:
Director of Public Works: Mike Kohnke (608) 297-2416 email@example.com
ANY PAYMENT OR CORRESPONDENCE MAY BE PLACED IN THE SECURE DROP BOX OUTSIDE OF CITY HALL
Residential Large Item Pick up
The large item pick up for City of Montello Residents Only, is tentatively scheduled for Monday June 8th, 2020. If the Safer At Home Orders due to COVID-19, are still in effect this can be cancelled by Advanced Disposal. Items shall be placed at curbside for pick up and disposal. Please do not set any items out before June 5thth, 2020.
Again for this year Advanced Disposal WILL NOT pick up anything in bags, boxes, totes, etc. This is STRICKLY a LARGE ITEM PICKUP ONLY! Please take a few extra weeks and FILL your supplied garbage can to dispose of items. Items that are placed out that are not large items will get a green sticker placed on them stating they are not going to be picked up.
- Mattresses/bed springs
- Carpeting (4ft maximum length rolled & tied)
- Wood Windows
- Non-Metal Doors
- Lumber (4 ft. lengths tied together, not to exceed 50 lbs.)
Items not included:
- Any items that will fit in a cart should not be placed at the curb for bulk collection – such as clothing, small toys, and games for example.
- Fluorescent lights/bulbs
- Liquids of any kind (Paints, Waste oil, Antifreeze, Chemicals, etc)
- Electronic Equipment/TV’s/ Computer Equipment, etc.
- Yard Wastes
- Concrete, rocks or bricks
- Large Appliances of any kind (stove’s, washers, dryers, microwaves, etc.)
- Freon-containing items (refrigerators, A/C units, Freezers, etc.)
- No construction waste of any kind will be collected as a result of contractors/owners performing work.
Solid waste generated from outside the City of Montello limits WILL NOT be ALLOWED. Commercial, Industrial, and other Non Residential businesses are NOT included. Violators are subject to prosecution and fines.